THE CENTER FOR TEACHING, LEARNING, AND INNOVATION
DEDICATED TO YOUNG LEARNERS
Congressional School has long been recognized for its leadership in providing learning support to its students. Thanks to the work of our Learning Center, hundreds of students in Kindergarten-Grade 8 have benefitted from its guidance and support.
In the fall of 2021, the Learning Center will become The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Innovation. As a hub of innovation and hands-on support for teachers and students, the new Center will build upon the work of the Learning Center and provide a model for the School in achieving excellence in academic and student support services.
Both a physical place and virtual space, The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Innovation will serve as a resource for the study and development of learning-centered teaching, curricular innovation, and social-emotional development for the young learner at Congressional School. The Center will be committed to academic excellence, creative collaboration, and the cultivation of an inclusive, 21st-century student and faculty community.
- The Center will build upon a host of existing strengths and competencies to amplify our impact and extend our reach to more students and teachers.
- The Center will support an array of new classroom and co-curricular offerings that will provide students and teachers access to innovation expertise, applied learning experiences, and powerful new networks.
- The Center will serve to enhance the entire continuum of Congressional School’s teaching and learning.
- The Center will promote a learning environment where social-emotional and academic growth are mutually supported.
Leading the Center will be a director responsible for strategic oversight and day-to-day operations. The Center will be composed of a multidisciplinary team committed to driving research and best practices based on innovation in teaching, learning, and social-emotional growth and development.
The Center will be supported by an Advisory Council that will
- provide guidance and critical feedback about the Center’s activities and direction
- play a key role as a liaison between the Center and the rest of the school community
- meet regularly during the academic year
Community partnerships engaged in research, teacher training, and curriculum development.
Increased professional development and intensified application of research-based teaching and learning strategies.
Innovative strategies designed to empower students to become leaders in their own learning.
INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING THE CENTER FOR TEACHING, LEARNING, AND INNOVATION?
Proceeds from 2021 Above & Beyond Superhero Gala have been designated to support The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Innovation.
This year's Gala theme honors our superhero teachers and staff who continue to challenge and engage our young learners despite the challenges of this year.
Visit the Gala website to see how you can get involved.
- Hiring Additional Learning Specialists and Interns to provide Reading and Math support to PS-Grade 8 students
- Expanding our capacity to offer more Teaching and Learning Technology Tools
- Developing a Digital Resource Library in Teaching, Learning and Social-Emotional Development for Infants-Grade 8
- Hosting Faculty Conferences, Workshops and Roundtables on Learning Sciences
- Providing Faculty Research and Innovative Teaching Grants for Infants-Grade 8 Teachers
- Hosting an Annual Congressional School Educational Innovation Conference
- Launching a Teaching and Learning Speaker Series